Thank you for your interest in West Valley City Housing Authority’s housing programs. We maintain a waiting list for our Section 8 housing program according to Federal housing laws. Our online pre-application is an easy, step-by-step way to get your name on our waiting list.
You must complete the entire application for the application to be valid.
Before you begin the application, you must have the names, dates of birth, and Social Security Numbers available for all household members. You should also know the amount of income per month for your household.
Maintaining Your Status on the Waiting List
After you submit your application, your name will be added to the waiting list for the Section 8 program. You will be notified by mail when your name comes to the top of the waiting list or if we are updating our files. If you do not respond to our notifications, or your letter is returned undeliverable, your name will be removed from the waiting list. If you have a change of address, phone number, income or family size, you must notify us within 10 business days of the change. All changes must be in writing. No changes will be taken over the phone. Please include your social security number on any correspondence.
The West Valley City Housing Authority does not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, religion, marital status, familial status, national origin, age, pregnancy, disability, ancestry, or sexual orientation in the access to, admission into, or employment in, housing programs or activities.
- An applicant must qualify as an individual or family as defined by WVCHA.
- Head of household must be least 18 years of age or an emancipated minor by a court of competent jurisdiction, consistent with Utah law.
- Family must have annual income at the time of admission that does not exceed the established income limits at the time of admission according to the maximum income by family size established by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (USHUD).
- Applicant and all members of the family must pass a criminal history check.
- Applicant or any member of the family that has ever been convicted of manufacturing or producing methamphetamine on the premises of any federally-assisted housing or any family household member that is subject to a lifetime registration requirement under a state sex offender registration program will not be eligible for housing assistance.
- Applicant and all members of the family must provide documentation of social security numbers for all family members or certify that they do not have social security numbers at the time of initial eligibility interview.
- Applicant and all members of the family must meet USHUD requirements on citizenship or immigration status.
- Applicant or any member of the family who currently owes rent or other amounts to WVCHA or any other housing authority will not be offered assistance until the outstanding balance is paid in full or that person has entered into a repayment agreement and is current in payments, unless the debt has been expunged by operation of law.
Completing the Application:
As you complete the application, look for the following symbol:
* - Indicates that the information is required
Important: To move from one step of the application to another, you must use only the buttons at the bottom of the application. (The Begin button is below. Other steps have Next, Back, Confirm, and/or Submit buttons at the bottom that allow you to go forward and back within the application.) Using ANY OTHER option, including right-clicking with your mouse and selecting Back or Forward, will cause an error and may force you to begin a new application.
Click the Begin button to start your application.